From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Andreas Wiatowski
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:54 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Mikrotik SFP+ 10GB

Wondering if anyone has guidance on what is an acceptable receive power level
that a CCR will report on an SFP.  I currently have an SFP+ module that is
reporting a -18. This is a 40KM module...I originally put in a 20KM module and
it was reporting a -40.  I was getting only a one way link.  The path I
estimate is about 20KM that I am linking...and I'm unsure of the quality of
splicing...it is dark fibre I have from a municipality...been running 1Gbps on
20KM SFP's until now.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Andreas Wiatowski | CEO
Silo Wireless Inc.
Email  andr...@silowireless.com<mailto:andr...@silowireless.com>
19 Sage Court
Brantford, Ontario N3R 7T4 (CANADA)
Tel +1.519.449.5656  Extension-600|Fax +1.519.449.5536 |Toll Free
+1.866.727.4138