Glad to hear they scrapped that.  I wanted some sort of a seal, but one
that would slide in and out would be preferable.  Nobody wants to encounter
a nest the size of one of those boxes at the top of a tower.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Ty Featherling <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I complained about the addition of the cable glands because of the way it
> was implemented. The glands are part of the removable part of the box, not
> the stationary part. As a result to remove that cover on the box you had to
> loosen the cable glands, push enough slack through to allot you to swivel
> out the cover, and then let the cover hang with the cables going through
> it. Hated it. I talked to Shane about it and he said an engineer threw that
> feature in at the last minute and they have since removed them from the
> design. I said just redesign so that the cable glands are stationary at the
> bottom of the box and let the lid close around them. We'll see.
>
> I am using the dual-5Ghzsectors and have had great results with them. I am
> swapping out 120 that are full with these dual 60s using the same mounts
> and getting more capacity.
>
> -Ty
>
>
>
> -Ty
>
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Jeremy <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> If you have used KP antennas before they have made some marked
>> improvements over their old hardware designs.  The bracket is stronger, but
>> also sticks out much further, removing the need to disconnect the sector to
>> get the rear cover off.  If you are not using UBNT or EPMP, then the cover
>> never needs to come off (except to connect the Type-N jumpers initially),
>> and the 450 sectors can be mounted to the cover.  Having not done that, I
>> am guessing it will be a fairly tight fit.  The grooves are the correct
>> size this time, and Rockets fit without modifications (after a slip up in
>> manufacturing and testing that we received on our last order).  The EPMP
>> adapter also appears to work, although I haven't tried it personally.
>>
>> Also, the shielded boxes used to fill up with Wasps, but now they have
>> cable glands leading into the AP case.  My only complaint with this new
>> improvement was that the shielded connectors do not fit through the gland.
>> It's a lesson that I should have learned long ago, but I didn't....so I had
>> to cut the ends off, push them through, and then re-terminate them.
>>
>> We are only using the 2.4GHz/5GHz combos, and have been happy with their
>> performance.  They are a huge antenna, but not as big as two antennas.
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Tyson Burris @ Internet Communications
>> Inc <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Good afternoon,
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> If you have deployed the KP Performance 3.65/5Ghz Dual Sectors, I am
>>> curious how they are working for you.
>>>
>>> Also, if you are, did you have to modify any part of the equipment for
>>> proper mounting/installations?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> To save tower space, I am considering deploying several but don’t won’t
>>> to have performance problems.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> *Tyson Burris, President*
>>> *Internet Communications Inc.*
>>> *739 Commerce Dr.*
>>> *Franklin, IN 46131*
>>>
>>> *317-738-0320 <317-738-0320> Daytime #*
>>> *317-412-1540 <317-412-1540> Cell/Direct #*
>>> *Online: **www.surfici.net* <http://www.surfici.net>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> [image: ICI]
>>>
>>> *What can ICI do for you?*
>>>
>>>
>>> *Broadband Wireless - PtP/PtMP Solutions - WiMax - Mesh Wifi/Hotzones -
>>> IP Security - Fiber - Tower - Infrastructure.*
>>>
>>> *CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is intended for the*
>>> *addressee shown. It contains information that is*
>>> *confidential and protected from disclosure. Any review,*
>>> *dissemination or use of this transmission or its contents by*
>>> *unauthorized organizations or individuals is strictly*
>>> *prohibited.*
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>

Reply via email to