Yes but it does not have an ethernet port and it is expensive compared to
the zero.
And you have to buy the socket etc etc. Except for the physical size the PI
3 would be better than the compute module in my mind.
The zero would be so danged ideal. Just plug in a USB to Ethernet adapter
for $3 and you are ready to go. The physical size is a big deal for my
project, the zero is the perfect size too.
-----Original Message-----
From: Trey Scarborough
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 1:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Raspberrry pi tease
If you are going to use it in a produce the compute module would
probably be a better choice. It's basically the same interface as an old
memory stick. You can get them reliably and easier to assemble if you
are using them in quantity.
On 5/1/2016 1:08 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
So, I thought I would use the Raspberry PI zero as the MCU for a new
project. Sounds ideal.... until you try to get one of the freaking
things.... then it becomes very obvious that basing any product on this
device would be fatal when it comes time to actually acquire any
quantity of the devices....
Arrgh... Now I am back to the eternal AVR vs PIC war.
I don’t want to find all my AVR tools and figure out which ones still
work.
I want linux....