From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Faisal Imtiaz
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:35 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Mikrotik Routers and VOIP QOS

Hi Andreas,

in our network, we handle this as follows:-

1) we make sure that the PBX is marking the packets with the DSCP tags
correctly.
2) we make sure that the phone/iad are marking the packets with DSCP tags
correctly.
3) we make sure that the Radios (AP & CPE) are using firmware that respects the
DSCP Tags, and provides them with appropriate priority
4) we don't do anything on our routers (in our network). if we have to, the
only thing we do on the customer router (Dmarc) is to  make sure that the dscp
tags are correct.

And this works very well for us.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email:
supp...@snappytelecom.net<mailto:supp...@snappytelecom.net>