I'll give you 2 likes today for a hamburger today!

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 7/22/2016 9:20 AM, Simon Westlake wrote:
If you want to Snapchat me your lunch, I'll give you 2 likes on Facebook

On 7/22/2016 10:45 AM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
It doesn’t help that the Internet gods have decided that URLs / web addresses should be treated the same as search terms. So for example, I used to have to be very specific when telling people to log into their router (at something like 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net) that they should type it into the address bar and not a Google or Yahoo search bar (hard to search on the web when your router isn’t set up yet). But now the browsers all want you to type in a URL or search term and let them automagically figure out what to do. Which means people no longer perceive a difference between typing Sonar or sonar.software much less www.sonar.software <http://www.sonar.software>. I think it’s part of the dumbing down of the Internet, everyone wants to use the Internet without even the most rudimentary understanding of how it works. I suppose the automobile industry went through that, learning how to sell what’s actually a quite complex machine to people who don’t know the difference between an engine and a transmission. And now we want cars that drive themselves. Actually that would probably be good on the Internet, if our phones would tweet and post selfies and reply to emails without requiring our constant attention. Hello, Simon’s phone, this is Ken’s phone, and he is taking a nap, but here is a photo of what he ate for lunch.
*From:* Simon Westlake <mailto:simon@sonar.software>
*Sent:* Friday, July 22, 2016 9:53 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] mimosa webside down?
I get the 'simon@gmail' thing just because most of the people I talk to would know that gmail is a .com. The others are definitely annoying. I've even had people say things to me like 'simon@blahblah' and I've said 'ok, si...@blahblah.com?' and they reply 'no, si...@blahblah.net'. I guess some people just think their domains are more well known than they are. Or the ones where they have an email like 'jfs12fitzgerald9...@someweirdlongdomain.com' and they say it super fast like I'm going to be able to remember that.

Mostly my response right now if someone tries to give me an email address verbally is just 'email me at simon@sonar.software and I'll reply!', which is a lazy response, but saves going through the above scenario. Maybe I should just get a domain like b.xyz and have my email be s...@b.xyz to help solve this for others.