If this is a one-off project, why not just measure what you need and go to a home store that carries indoor/outdoor telephone cable by the foot? Even if it was ancient quad wire (I hope they don’t still sell that), it shouldn’t matter if the only other thing in that conduit is fiber, since there should be no AC induction or crosstalk. But you should be able to get 2 or 3 pair telephone wire that is at least Cat3 or maybe Cat5, and smaller diameter than typical Cat5 4 pair UTP.
I always assume conduit will fill with water, in which case I want filled cable with a nick resistant jacket, but it sounds like you just want a temporary solution (and maybe then a wire for locating the fiber in the future). From: Chuck McCown Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 10:04 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 1 pair cat 5 Outdoors in conduit. From: Bill Prince Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 8:57 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 1 pair cat 5 Does it need to be OSP, or is this indoors? Maybe cross-connect cable without a jacket (like this: http://www.discount-low-voltage.com/Cable/Cat3-Telephone-Wire-Cable/XCONNECT1PRBL?gclid=CPyorOr-os4CFZFufgodrl0F2Q)? bp <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com> On 8/2/2016 7:44 AM, Chuck McCown wrote: Yeah, I am thinking perhaps cat3. It will have DSL on it. Maybe even jumper wire. From: Justin Wilson Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 8:40 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 1 pair cat 5 Sounds like you need cat-3? If you need physically small cable there are several folks who make very small patch cables up to 70 some feet. Even flat cable. Justin Wilson [email protected] --- http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEO xISP Solutions- Consulting – Data Centers - Bandwidth http://www.midwest-ix.com COO/Chairman Internet Exchange - Peering - Distributed Fabric On Aug 2, 2016, at 10:33 AM, Chuck McCown <[email protected]> wrote: I need some cat5 in 1-2 pair only. Need a physically smaller cable and only 100 Mbps max. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?
