We used to paint them, but not any more. If you got painted ones that is pretty old stock.
That part looks  like it is plastic.
I hope everyone runs a ground wire but if not, the DIN clip is the only point of grounding.

-----Original Message----- From: George Skorup
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2016 2:09 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] MTC PRM4

Hey Chuck, I've got a question and a suggestion for your modified APC PRM4.

After you put the DIN rail clip on, do you paint them? Just FYI, I have
to scrape the paint off to get them to fit on aluminum or steel 35mm
rail. So if you're painting them, I'd say don't.

And Ken turned me on to these: https://www.winford.com/products/dinm15.php
The DINM13 clip would probably be the best fit. These are really nice
because there's no release. Just push the device up, tilt a bit and you
can pull it off of the rail. Most of the places I'm putting these are in
outdoor enclosures. You know how we cram 20 lbs of shit in a 10 lb box.
I forgot to get pics of the last one I did. Turned out really nice, but
it's a PITA to get a screwdriver in there to pull the release tab. Not
that they really need to ever come out, but I ran into a location
problem and had to slide them on the rail. That's impossible without
releasing them from the rail. The plastic clips would allow that without
issue. That's one of the reasons I went to aluminum rail, things slide
much easier.

I could buy some PRM4's and these clips and put them together myself.
But that's time and patience that I don't really have. So I'd gladly
keep paying a bit more for yours if it saves me that time.

Just wanted to throw this out there as constructive criticism.