YEP! There is a rumor that Kevin Smith may be doing a Goonies remake. That
would be interesting, as I love both, and if there's anybody that could
pull him off it would be him or JJ Abrams. Still, I don't know if they
could capture the nostalgia of the time.

Anywho, ST is like Goonies + Sixteen Candles + Stephen King's IT

Love it.