I set mine up by default the long way. So that all traffic generated by default from my routers is the Loopback address. Its good for EOIP/BGP/IPSEC/Radius/Syslog/etc. Then again like I said I set it up from the start this way so it can change a lot of configurations if you do it after anything is programed to use another IP.

On 8/9/2016 12:53 PM, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:
There is  reason why I suggested you go the short way.

The long way, is the technical attribute that can offer you a fix, but I
cringe t think of how it may affect your network.


:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: [email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

    *From: *"That One Guy /sarcasm" <[email protected]>
    *To: *[email protected]
    *Sent: *Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:22:03 PM
    *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] mikrotik present as loopback address

    can you detail the long way
    in this instance, I just want it to be if it is traffic generated by
    the router destined for tcp port 25 present as 1.2.3.4 but dont
    impact anything else, what I dont want to risk is OSPF breaking or
    dropping an EOIP tunnel because that traffic is presenting differently

    On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Faisal Imtiaz
    <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

        There is a long way to solve this problem and there is a short
        way to solve this problem.

        short way first:-

        Mikrotik supports user authentication on out bound mail, so all
        you need to do is create a valid email user account on our mail
        server  and use those credentials in your MT router Email
        settings so that you don't need an 'open mail relay'.

        Long way:-

        There is a setting call set-pref-src=  in the routing filters,
        which accomplishes what you are asking for, however you will
        have to figure out on how exactly to tailor it to work for your
        environment. (I had to find this setting for one of our Peering
        Routers, a bit of a long story).

        :)

        Faisal Imtiaz
        Snappy Internet & Telecom
        7266 SW 48 Street
        Miami, FL 33155
        Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232 <tel:305%20663%205518%20x%20232>

        Help-desk: (305)663-5518 <tel:%28305%29663-5518> Option 2 or
        Email: [email protected]

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------

            *From: *"That One Guy /sarcasm" <[email protected]
            <mailto:[email protected]>>
            *To: *[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
            *Sent: *Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:51:03 PM
            *Subject: *[AFMUG] mikrotik present as loopback address

            right or wrong, i want to set up an open mail relay on our
            network for mikrotik backups. I want to lock the relay down
            to only accept traffic from our internal subnet for loopback
            IPs on the site routers. How do I make specific traffic
            always present as the same IP no matter which interface it
            exits since i cant seem to find a way to masquerade the
            output chain
            if it is doable, is there also a way to add a line to our
            default configs that will set the presentation IP to
            whatever the loopback IP on that device is?

            --
            If you only see yourself as part of the team but
            you don't see your team as part of yourself you have already
            failed as part of the team.




    --
    If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your
    team as part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.



Reply via email to