From: Robert Haas
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:44 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Mikrotik OSPF weirdness

No, I double checked for any more specific routes that encompass that range. I
do have my /20 to a null route to keep from ping-pong’ing at edge routers, but
I disabled it temporarily with no change.

No summary routes – the /32’s end up in the routing table as the sessions
terminate.

Routing at other sites was correct – I could ping the customer and traceroute
to them from the Braggcity router. Directly on the Bernie router it just times
out and goes no where.

No MPLS

I added a static route – one to .208 and a second to .206 (to compare). The
correct result would be a ping-pong between Bernie and Braggcity.

I attached the screen shot, the .208 just times out while the .206 ping-pongs
like it should..

To expand on that – I then added .208 onto the loopback at Hayti. The screen
shot shows the Bernie router having the route in the routing table but still
the traffic is blackholed..

I’m scratching my head..