A lot of power substation control equipment is high voltage DC (100-300 VDC).

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 1:14 PM -0600, "Adam Moffett" <dmmoff...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I think it's more like you have a 110 VDC power supply for the motors in your
machine and you want to convert that to lower voltage for electronic controls.
Variable input voltage is good because when the motors kick on you might see
voltage jump around.

17 years ago I was a draftsman drawing wiring diagrams for process equipment.
Pretty sure I've seen something like that.