What happens if you make the station side the AP, and the AP side the station (Switch their roles)?

Sam

On 8/30/2016 12:21 PM, Sean Heskett wrote:
Hi Gang,

I've already contacted mimosa support and they seem to be stumped too,
so i thought I'd check with y'all to see if you've seen the same issue.

We have a B11 link that is 6 miles clear LOS (we currently have a
dragonwave horizon compact plus 18Ghz link in place that the B11 will be
replacing).  The PCN states we should have a -42.5 the B11 interface
states we should have a -40.9.  On the near side with is also the AP
side we have a -42 (as expected) however on the far side (station side)
we have a -53.2.  Both sides are using the Jirous 2' dishes.  We've
tried swapping radios on both sides, i've downgraded to 1.3.1 and back
to 1.4.1 and we've moved the dishes 5' vertically on both sides with no
change.  the station side is always about 10-12db worse.  We are not on
a sidelobe since the other radio is at expected signal level.

Mimosa has stated they are "looking into it" and they have another
customer with a similar problem.  I've provided them VPN access and they
have run some diagnostic scripts.  It's been almost 2 weeks since I
first contacted mimosa and they don't have any answer other than "we are
working on it".

I'm ready to switch vendors to another product. We have to get this link
live because it's going to start snowing here soon.  Anyone else have
this issue or have any other ideas of what to try??

-Sean