From: "Forrest Christian (List Account)" <li...@packetflux.com>
Date: 9/15/16 6:08 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: af <af@afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] Leads wanted for a source for 1U rackmount enclosures.

@!#?@!.

My enclosure manufacturer for the rackmount injectors seems to be AWOL.   Lots
of productive conversations back and forth over the past few months, but now it
comes time to actually finalize prints and order the first batch, and well..
nothing.   Evidently sending them a finalized drawing and asking for
instructions on how to get these ordered is a good way to get them to quit
responding.

I'm still hopeful that this is just a bump on the road (someone's on vacation,
they're backlogged, etc.), but this just isn't a good sign.

If anyone is aware of a supplier which can make 1U enclosures, in reasonable
quantities (50-100 at a time, not sure how many a year, hopefully lots more
than that), and most importantly at a reasonable price, I'd appreciate the lead.

I'm reviewing all of the well-known enclosure manufacturers (Bud, OKW, Hammond,
Schroff, etc.) to see if I can fit into one of them and can get them modified
at a price which I think all of you can afford.  Past experience indicates to
me that there is a good chance that this isn't going to be productive, which is
why I'm asking.

--
Forrest Christian CEO, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.
forre...@imach.com<mailto:forre...@imach.com> |