Given the budget constraint, torch (yeah it's realtime only) might be all you've got without a lot of work.

If your CPE are SNMP aware, then you could poll for usage on everybody's interfaces every 10 minutes and store that in a database. Then create a web form for yourself to query the database based on CPE MAC address and a specified time frame. That would take zero cash, but either a very little or very lot of your time depending on your coding skill. I think on UBNT you would have to query each CPE directly, and on Canopy you could either query the CPE or you can query just the AP's and get the bytes transferred for each LUID.

------ Original Message ------
From: "That One Guy /sarcasm" <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
To: "af@afmug.com" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 9/15/2016 10:45:46 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] documenting customer usage

lol, for my requested purpose other than dpi, i dont think the mutli 10k solution we were quoted was it.

not being a jerk, but if the unit is on your network, how does it mitigate a ddos? will it speak with my upstream that doesnt support blackholes with bgp? is it working with powercode again since it broke operations with powercode? will they provide me a document that says theyre legal with the whole "open internet" nonsense

I really liked them, til we priced them. We invested with netenforcer some time ago, it was great at the time because p2p was so destructive to a network at the time, but once we moved bandidth beyond a couple T1s they decided we needed a good old fashioned no spit raping. I say the same structure in procera... then the powercode break happenned, and I didnt care if it got resolved, it broke.

I can toss a sniifer on or dump a mirrored port. I think I may have indicated I care more than I do. I was primarily asking if my current environment had a tool that consiststed of this much work: what IP are you curious about? (I input the IP, maybe click my mouse less than 10 times and key in less than ten more digits) and i come bak and have a torchish output saying what happenned.

if it doesnt stay within that simple of a solution with the gear I have, I dont really care to give the ten percent who arent dicks any different answer than the 90 who are