Just like any other NIC, some work better than others, and it may also
depend on the host OS if the drivers are supported out of the box or not. I
have a decent one I bought 3 or 4 years ago that worked natively with
Chromebooks and android... Its got a Broadcom chipset and works pretty
well. No label on it to know who made it though. Think I picked it up on
monoprice or newegg.