You get more impedance by looping through the core than you do by clipping more of them on. I don't have the model number handy, but fair-rite makes a big one centered around 100mhz where the center is big enough to loop an outdoor cable through it 10 times.

I don't remember the formula exactly, but I think the impedance is squared every time you loop through the core. I seem to remember figuring out that you could get over a million ohms of impedance on FM frequencies with the big one and 10 loops.

------ Original Message ------
From: "CBB - Jay Fuller" <par...@cyberbroadband.net>
To: af@afmug.com; memb...@wispa.org
Sent: 9/19/2016 5:04:00 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] ferrite beads

Hoping to resolve some issues with radios only linking up at 10 meg or 100 meg (on a gig radio)
we have at least three radios doing this on two different towers.

should these work?
how to install? Just install 2-3 per cable? Maybe one on each side of cable?

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/0446164181/fair-rite-products?gclid=CJak3dapnM8CFZQ7gQod02oC2w