You get more impedance by looping through the core than you do by
clipping more of them on. I don't have the model number handy, but
fair-rite makes a big one centered around 100mhz where the center is big
enough to loop an outdoor cable through it 10 times.
I don't remember the formula exactly, but I think the impedance is
squared every time you loop through the core. I seem to remember
figuring out that you could get over a million ohms of impedance on FM
frequencies with the big one and 10 loops.
------ Original Message ------
From: "CBB - Jay Fuller" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Sent: 9/19/2016 5:04:00 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] ferrite beads
Hoping to resolve some issues with radios only linking up at 10 meg or
100 meg (on a gig radio)
we have at least three radios doing this on two different towers.
should these work?
how to install? Just install 2-3 per cable? Maybe one on each side of
cable?
https://www.arrow.com/en/products/0446164181/fair-rite-products?gclid=CJak3dapnM8CFZQ7gQod02oC2w