My question is about the polar plot for a sector antenna where you see tiny lobes coming off it. Such as in between the rear lobe and the main lobe there might be several tiny lobes. I've always thought RSSI was unstable when you hit the sector from a weird direction like that.

If I could see the radiation pattern in realtime would those lobes be stationary or would they dance around a little?

I'm just looking for an underlying reason for things I've seen in the field, and maybe a real justification to use when I tell people not to do that.