Michael Hayden was on the Roe Conn radio show here about a week ago, and said
the same … give the guy credit for owning the flub.

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Forrest Christian (List
Account)
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 7:35 PM
To: af <af@afmug.com>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT... My buddy the joker

So, Johnson didn't know the place name where the conflict is occurring in
Syria.  Big deal.  The question was asked with no context.  Instead of asking
'what should we do about syria?" or even providing a bit of context for what
was being discussed, the interviewer just came out of the blue with "what do
you think we should do about Aleppo?".   I am willing to forgive him not
knowing the place name where this is occuring, and the way he handled this flub
was head and shoulders above what either of the other candidates would have
done:  He owned his screw up and apologized for it.   Tell me that either of
the other candidates would have done that instead of dismissing it.

The unfortunate outcome of this flub is that no one listened to his position on
what to do about Syria, which I think is more reasoned than either of the other
candidates.  Instead everyone makes a big deal about him not knowing a single
placename.   Yes, an important placename in the context of the Syrian mess, but
just because he doesn't know the name of the city where this is occurring,
doesn't mean he doesn't understand the underlying issues.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Jaime Solorza <losguyswirel...@gmail.com