Backwards compatibility might have been more important to their existing user base....who don't have GPS now to begin with.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Erich Kaiser" <er...@northcentraltower.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: 9/23/2016 9:27:48 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ubiquiti Rocket 5AC Prism - GPS?

From a sales perspective it is stupid, I know several guys waiting to deploy gear because everyone that has promised GPS does not have it working. They could be selling more gear rather than having people on the fence.

Anyone from Ubiquiti out there that can chime in on a real explanation?

Erich Kaiser
North Central Tower
er...@northcentraltower.com
Office: 630-621-4804
Cell: 630-777-9291

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 8:17 AM, Mike Hammett <af...@ics-il.net> wrote:
Agreed. They chose backwards compatibility before GPS. I would have probably done it the other way around, but what do I know, I'm not a radio engineer.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP