I agree with you 100% that different usages will have different uptime
requirements. I'm thinking of 80 GHz from the logical perspective as a
replacement for a singlemode fiber patch cable between two routers' SFP or
SFP+ interfaces speaking BGP and OSPF with each other.

In the Seattle area we have done up to 2.5 km at five nines 60cm dishes and
high powered 80 GHz radios that were specifically configured to *not*
reduce data rates below 1 Gbps. In the case of a severe rain fade event
that would take out the link, the routers did the job of moving traffic
onto backup paths or moving traffic the other direction around a ring.

You can definitely go a for longer distances if your usage scenario is
designed to tolerate things like dropping from 1Gbps to 100Mbps, or failing
over onto a parallel backup 5 GHz link, or something like that.

For ISP usage with TCP/IP and traffic flows this is inextricably linked to
the layer 3 IP routing and network traffic management design - if you have
a link that is constantly pushing 400-550Mbps in a sine wave pattern across
a 80 GHz backbone link, and it fails over onto a 150Mbps backup parallel 5
GHz link, you're going to have a bad time. If that same link's average peak
hour data flows will fit in the 150 Mbps backup link, it's a totally
different situation. It's necessary to look at simultaneous occurrences of
two possible events: If a major rain fade event happens during peak evening
hours netflix watching time, what happens to the traffic?

As Daniel said, very much dependent on usage scenario.