The experience heavily depends on what you are used to. I had Apple products 
and use Android now. A Android user fetching an iPhone/iPad is missing a back 
button immediately and feels uncomfortable. Same with notifications. Apple 
copied a lot of this stuff as it was missing a long time.

The apple products I used (iPad1,2,Air) are very well built and long lasting.

With the different Flavors of android there are differences between devices. 
Samsung now starts the camera on double tapping the home button while with 
older samsungs this started s-voice. Some have seperate Camera Buttons ... 
Apple is more consistent but you cant select ...

My main reason not to buy apple ist the pricing. A smartphone is a tool that 
may be dropped and killed. So it makes a difference if I drop $1000 or $400. 
And I like the amoled screens from samsung very much. Now I have a S6 edge 
which even the apple fans I know praise for the design. You ever used QI? Great 
feature. I just drop my phone and it gets powered. The phone rings while 
powered. I just take it.


> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Af [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Travis Johnson
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2016 16:45
> An: [email protected]
> Betreff: Re: [AFMUG] Google wants to be Apple
>
> I agree that your phone probably works "very, very well"... but you said 
> yourself
> you have never used an Apple product... so what are you comparing to? I've
> had an iPhone since the very first model. I'm not a "wait in line for days" 
> to buy
> the latest and greatest model, but I do upgrade about once a year. During the
> last 8-9 years, I've never had a single issue with the phones... never had to
> "restore" or "reset to factory" or do any of those other things. I've never 
> had to
> hack or jailbreak or do any other things to my phones. During my biggest
> month of usage, I sent and received over 15,000 text messages, so the phone
> gets used.
>
> I have used an Android phone... and it was clunky and just not as "user 
> friendly"
> in general. I also have several Android tablets, and they are the same way...
> especially compared to my wife's new iPad Pro, which is an amazing piece of
> equipment. :)
>
> Travis
>
>
> On 10/5/2016 8:04 PM, Bill Prince wrote:
> > You realize that the US represents about 5% of the world population.
> > Maybe you don't care about the other 95%, but you would be a small
> > minority.
> >
> > And I don't agree about screen response. My Android phone works very,
> > very well.
> >
> >
> > bp
> > <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
> >
> > On 10/5/2016 6:24 PM, Travis Johnson wrote:
> >> Actually, Apple is the top smartphone in the US... nobody cares about
> >> the rest of the world... they have 44% marketshare in the US. You
> >> know, the country where every real Internet and tech company is
> >> located... Apple, Intel, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, Google, etc.
> >>
> >> Take your pick of Android phone... their screen responses all suck
> >> compared to an iPhone. :)
> >>
> >> Travis
> >>
> >>
> >> On 10/5/2016 6:02 PM, Bill Prince wrote:
> >>> It was not me that said that.
> >>>
> >>> I don't buy Apple products. Period. I would not get an Apple product
> >>> if it were free.
> >>>
> >>> And there is good reason that most of the people on the planet use a
> >>> smartphone other than theirs.
> >>>
> >>> And a Samsung smartphone is not real Android, so that is a piss poor
> >>> comparison.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> bp
> >>> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
> >>>
> >>> On 10/5/2016 3:30 PM, Travis Johnson wrote:
> >>>> Some people ride a Honda, some people ride a Harley. Some people
> >>>> drive a Chevy, some people drive a BMW.
> >>>>
> >>>> I think it was you that even said "If the price was the same,
> >>>> everyone would be using an iPhone"... which I honestly believe. I
> >>>> have used a brand new Samsung phone with Android, and the first
> >>>> thing I noticed is that the screen response is not the same as an
> >>>> iPhone
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >
> >




Reply via email to