I don't think WalMart sells quality gear. Pawn shops and private folk selling stuff without knowledge of value of gear makes for great buys. Fender, Gretsch and Gibson vintage gear can be very expensive.... You have to know the game... Lots of replicas out there.... I have a cousin who owns a Paul McCartney style Hofhner bass along with Gibson SG bass... Has them well protected and insured. He will not let anyone touch them without gloves.... Bought them in the 1960s when he was studying at UTEP. I had a 69 Fender Precision I traded in for a Rickenbacher 4001 in 1977....if I had had a brain then I should have kept both.... Sold Rick in 1983...dumb dumb dumb...
On Oct 6, 2016 7:00 PM, "Lewis Bergman" <[email protected]> wrote: > Is that a good deal. I saw a guitar at Walmart for $29.95 > > On Thu, Oct 6, 2016, 7:39 PM Jaime Solorza <[email protected]> > wrote: > >> I lost on the Fender... Someone got it first... I found this StingRay >> 1977 model at pawn shop and bought it.... I have a luthier friend of mine >> working on the neck.... I will share pictures of it when I get it back.... >> I got it for 60.00!!!!! It has a great tone... >> >
