I would venture a guess consumer routers have a whole lot less strict
enforcement than carrier gear. "sure we are DFS compliant, if the soho
router detects a -40 for three weeks, we will trigger" Poor connections
from low end chipsets on cheap laptops would trigger it all the time
otherwise I would suspect since it would be chattering all the time. I know
I would not want to work tech support helpdesk for a router vendor with DFS
enabled defaulty and strict enforcement