There are only two polarities on th af-x series.

The first two are the receive signals at the local device.

The second two (Rem chain0 and Rem chain 1) are the remote device receive
levels (at the far end of the link).

Is there something in the way? Are you shooting close to the ground or close to
tree tops on one end?