Too bad for the programs that use NTP numbering as the time and date.

From: Bill Prince
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT DHCP update

Once 2036, or even 2035 shows up, set a flag somewhere that we are preparing
for rollover. Heck, do it now. Mark 1900 as "history" and 2036 as "future".
When 2036-02-07 comes around, mark that one as history as well.

Unfortunately, legacy programs won't be able to deal with it. Perhaps it's a
good thing that we have almost 20 years to prepare for it.