Once upon a time, we had tribes.

They lived together, believed in the same things, had the same language,
same problems, etc. Same ethnic, religious, geographic ties. And so on..

We still have tribes now, but the individuals in these tribes might be
separated geographically by vast differences.

We also have the media, which is a megaphone for issues important to the
tribes - well at least the biggest two, everything else is marginalized and
discredited and looked down upon. It gets even worse once you're on the
internet.

Critical thinking is gone. Fact checking is too time consuming for the
masses. Facts themselves are too easy to hide or distort. There is as much
disinformation as there is information, and its intentional to continue to
perpetuate the system.

I just want a small island with a temperate climate to raise my mini-tribe.
The rest of you can fuck off ;)

Native American Indians did it right, mostly. I wouldn't mind going back to
that at this point. Enjoying nature. Enjoying family. Spending quality
time. The only work to do is the work that has to get done. I'll figure out
spears, I'm okay with bows and good with fire. No more rat race, no
twitter, no CNN/fox, just kicking it with my fam enjoying flying through
the cosmos as insane speeds on this ball of space dust.

On Oct 19, 2016 11:36 AM, "Chris Wright" <ch...@velociter.net> wrote:

> It really is a shame that we’ve been conditioned to default to
establishing our own world of confirmation bias. We tailor our social media
by liking posts we agree with, and unfriending (or at least muting) posters
of contrary material. We create our own personal worlds of yes-people and
intelligence no longer becomes necessary. Our handicapped minds are no
longer required to hold two conflicting ideas for the sake of critical
thought. All this has devolved a once-functional society filled with
different people who recognized the value of compromise into a
self-centric, personalized hegemony of detached resonating chambers.

> Guys I’m not even fully caffeinated this morning why am I even writing
this…

> Chris Wright
>
> Network Administrator

we can't be friends will you folks at least still offset my incompetence?