I may have spoken too fast.  The disconnects are solved, but I still see
latency spikes at 2437 20/40 Ce, that go away if I drop the center channel
to 2417.

 

This is pretty basic stuff, I know people will say don't use 2.4 GHz, but if
you're going to sell a dual band router, both bands should work.

 

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ken Hohhof
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2016 2:41 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [AFMUG] hAP-ac 2.4 GHz problem solved

 

If anyone is using these and running into problems with devices
disconnecting from the 2.4 GHz, it seems to be a firmware bug.

 

We normally set the 2.4 frequency to 2437, and my installer had been
reporting that customer devices couldn't even stay connected until he
changed the frequency to 2417.  We thought wow, that's quite a coincidence
that we were running into such terrible interference at multiple customer
houses, despite being out in the country.  So I set one up here at the
office and was immediately able to duplicate the problem.  Log shows group
key exchange timeout.  Mikrotik of course will always reply in the forums
this is due to poor signal or interference.

 

We had been running 6.35.2 firmware.  I see in the changelogs that Mikrotik
made a wireless driver update in 6.37, so I tried 6.37.3 and voila, problem
solved.

Reply via email to