on the consumer market end id say the potential is equivalent to the folks
that advertise assembling your cheap furniture and whatnot from walmart for
you. Just technical labor, not worth the liability to sell the consumer
grade gear, leave the support between the consumer and the manufacturer.

i just had to set up a honeywell leak monitor for one of our customers to
monitor their sump pump. Honeywell makes rock solid gear, but UI is not
their forte, this thing is junk. It requires a phone app, it has no
physical interface, just a multicolored LED, you connect via bluetooth,
then set up the wifi. you can only set it to check in 1,2, or 3 times a
day. if the sensor is tripped, it wakes up, connects to the wifi, and
alerts your app. This assumes that after power failure and enough time
elapsing for your basement to fill enough to trigger it that you had enough
battery on your router and modem to alert your app that hopefully is still
on your phone from when you replaced it with the newest toy...too much
liability in all that nonsense from consumer grade gear