Yeah, but that's 256QAM matching or besting a 1024QAM.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "George Skorup" <geo...@cbcast.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 4:58:30 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Our UBNT AF11x experience

Trango, SAF, Exalt, etc. Typically 250Mbps FDX @ 40MHz/256QAM. And 360Mbps FDX
@ 56MHz/256QAM. Give or take a bit for things like strong or weak FEC, ACM
enabled, etc.

On 1/13/2017 4:39 PM, Mathew Howard wrote:

What other radios will only do 250Mbps (502.4Mbps capacity according to the
data sheet...) on one 40mhz single polarity channel at 256qam? The other's I've
looked at are typically around 300Mbps...

Not that I'm saying the AF11 is a bad radio, I plan on putting up at least a
few of them this year... but I find it a little funny that they use 1024qam as
a selling point, when it can't do as much throughput at 1024qam as other radios
do at 256qam.