We have slant SMs talking to H/V APs. They automagically figure it out.
Works fine. However, we're finding uplinks are kinda meh. That's mostly
due to V pol being nosier than H pol. That's where slant at the AP helps
to equalize the SNRs to allow a better chance at running MIMO-B. But
this is also 900, where reflections and multipath can be horrendous.
I'll say the 450i is by far the best option if you have to use 900.
Also, I believe the Cambium OEM sector is a -3dB 90 / -6dB 120. Unless
I'm remembering wrong.
On 3/11/2017 2:59 PM, Jerry Head wrote:
I get the slant vs. h/v thing.
Interestingly enough my guys report that using the KP yagis with the
KP dual slant sector they can rotate the
yagis on the vertical axis to "fine tune" the signal...I.E. sometimes
30d slant.
Maybe vertical is the wrong word here...
On 3/11/2017 10:32 AM, Mathew Howard wrote:
Well, it'll work better than the Rockets...
The obvious differences between the UBNT and Cambium sectors are H/V
polarity vs dual slant, and 120 degree vs 90 (at -6db, the Cambium's
are sold as 65 degree, but I believe they are 90 at -6db). Not being
slant shouldn't be a problem in most cases, and the gain is about the
same. My biggest concern would be the F/B ratio, which doesn't seem
to be listed on the spec sheet for the UBNT antennas, but if you
don't need to do frequency re-use, that might not be too big of a deal.
We have one UBNT 900mhz sector, which we replaced with a Cambium
PMP450i (we actually added the PMP450i, the UBNT sector is still in
place, but currently powered off), and the signal levels stayed
pretty similar on the customers that we switched over for the most
part (most of the customers had Rockets with yagis). We plan to add a
second Canopy AP at some point, re-using the UBNT sector, and re-aim
both sectors to get more coverage, but hopefully we'll be able to
switch everything over to the UBNT sector for a bit (with the 450i AP
on it) while they're still both aimed the same and get a little
better comparison.
On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Jerry Head
<[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
We have some sites with UBNT 900 sectors.
I wonder how the PMP 450i 900 would work in place of the Rockets
on the UBNT antennas?
Any opinions?