Vivint and Google are both saying they are doing this. No idea what kid of radios they are using. I talked to a couple of Vivint locals at the AnimalFarm show. They both claim to be getting 1 Gbps at their home with the millimeter radio. I think it was 60 GHz. I asked them if it stays up during rain and snow. They claimed it did. Assuming the path was a quarter mile or less.

-----Original Message----- From: Sterling Jacobson
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 9:47 AM
To: 'af@afmug.com'
Subject: [AFMUG] Current state of Hybrid Fiber/Wireless

Where are we with this concept as a WISP industry?

Let's say I have $200k to invest and already have mainline fiber in or near to the neighborhoods.

What equipment do I buy to get the best speeds to residential and small business customers?

Is there equipment in the 60GHz or similar bands that are for sale/ready for use?

Is the topology still to connect a house or two in the area with fiber and LOS to everyone else and deploy PtMP?

Thoughts?