I've had radios do that when the passwords didn't match. Connect for a
second or two, then drop off. Connect for a second or two, then drop off.
On 4/4/2017 6:55 PM, Nate Burke wrote:
I had a newly installed AF5x link running for 4 days, then just like a
light switch, it dropped out and now won't stay connected. SA looks
clean on both sides and I've tried multiple frequencies. When it does
link for a couple seconds, signal levels seem fine, so alignment looks
good, it just won't stay connected. It is at the same location as an
AF5 radio, but I tried running the 5x in a different band, as well as
split tx/rx to match the AF5 radio. Is there something stupid I'm
missing? One end of the link is 1.7 miles and 3 degrees off the path
from an Airport Radar like this one https://youtu.be/OXpqA3BvLLg?t=51 .
But nothing is showing up in SA as being an issue. Is it possible that
something changed with the Radar station that's desensitizing one of the
receivers, but not showing up in the SA? It went down at almost exactly
4am on Sunday morning. That seems like the time that changes would be
being made.
If I swap the Master/slave ends, I can see the beacon in the SA clearly
standing out (At the same levels) on both ends against the background
noise, however the SA's do look different, in that one direction, the
Waterfall graph is filled with the Beacons, but the other direction,
there are gaps in the waterfall view. Scan range is set equal on the 2
scans, and the settings of the master radios are equal. Could this be
indicative of a bad transmitter on one unit?