Well luckily since you're also Powercode you can take advantage of
automatically grabbing the list of APs.  If you have any questions let me
know.  I run it in the morning of the 28th along with my Ubnt backup script.

Here's what I did: https://pastebin.com/C36hLVd5


Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 1:56 AM, Steve Jones <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I have no idea what cracking coca in is required to get a json from an
> snmp querie, but I want in on this
>
> On Apr 18, 2017 9:47 PM, "Josh Luthman" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dude you rock.  I owe you a case of beer!
>>
>> Oddly enough the documentation for that OID (bit 001) says it will output
>> json config files but the HTTP link is giving me a bin.  Also handy, 31
>> will report 5 if it's ready to provide a URL.
>>
>>
>> Josh Luthman
>> Office: 937-552-2340 <(937)%20552-2340>
>> Direct: 937-552-2343 <(937)%20552-2343>
>> 1100 Wayne St
>> Suite 1337
>> Troy, OH 45373
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Mathew Howard <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not doing any kind of backup, either, but I believe it's possible to
>>> do it through SNMP... I think I have some notes somewhere.
>>>
>>> yeah, here we go...
>>>
>>> this OID will create a backup :
>>> 1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.6.4.30.0 i 001
>>>
>>> and this one will give you an HTTP link to it:
>>> 10.1.54.12 1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.6.4.33
>>>
>>> I think it's possible to do it through SSH as well, but you probably
>>> need to use http to get the file.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 2:31 PM, Josh Luthman <
>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I try to document the SSID and PSK.  The frequency/channel size/etc are
>>>> all monitored/recorded in Powercode.
>>>>
>>>> It's just a lot easier for someone to grab a file, throw it at the
>>>> replacement, and be on the tower in 2 minutes instead of hunting and
>>>> pecking for bits of information.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Josh Luthman
>>>> Office: 937-552-2340 <(937)%20552-2340>
>>>> Direct: 937-552-2343 <(937)%20552-2343>
>>>> 1100 Wayne St
>>>> Suite 1337
>>>> Troy, OH 45373
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 3:03 PM, George Skorup <
>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Yeah really, the most logical thing would be to have cnMaestro keep a
>>>>> local copy of at least the text config so we can pull it if a device dies
>>>>> and need to reload it on new hardware.
>>>>>
>>>>> But no, I'm not doing any kind of config backups. SSIDs, IP addresses,
>>>>> etc. are documented elsewhere, so it's not a major pain to configure a
>>>>> replacement radio.
>>>>>
>>>>> On 4/18/2017 1:46 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> With Ubnt I ssh in and grab the config (system.cfg) and then save it.
>>>>>
>>>>> Trying to replicate this with Epmp.  If I do a config show it's a user
>>>>> friendly format but this isn't restore friendly at all.  The only option 
>>>>> is
>>>>> a json or bin backup but this isn't available in the CLI (per Cambium
>>>>> support).  Has anyone gone through the nutty hassle of trying this in the
>>>>> GUI?  cnMaestro has some config of it but it isn't available when the
>>>>> device is offline (irony).
>>>>>
>>>>> Is there another option to backup that I haven't mentioned?  What is
>>>>> everyone else doing?
>>>>>
>>>>> Josh Luthman
>>>>> Office: 937-552-2340 <(937)%20552-2340>
>>>>> Direct: 937-552-2343 <(937)%20552-2343>
>>>>> 1100 Wayne St
>>>>> Suite 1337
>>>>> Troy, OH 45373
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>

Reply via email to