I used to work with one of the guys who set up the core BM on-site network
infrastructure last year. It's a pretty full featured metro area network in
a box supporting public safety VoIP and other things. He spent something
like 6 weeks on playa with the build team...

As an ISP there might not be a whole lot of value (other than the money for
a couple months high capacity PTP link) from setting up network service to
BM, since they have a really comprehensive prohibition on company names,
company logos, advertising, sponsorship, etc. It's part of the whole ethos
of the place.

from the bm website:

"*Decommodification*
In order to preserve the spirit of gifting, our community seeks to create
social environments that are unmediated by commercial sponsorships,
transactions, or advertising. We stand ready to protect our culture from
such exploitation. We resist the substitution of consumption for
participatory experience."

I mean, that at first glance sounds really pretentious. But there's dozens
of other festival type things every year that have corporate
sponsorship/banner/food vending and money involved. Companies that want to
get their name out can work with those. BM is at least, I think, *trying* to
have a festival with zero corporate logos or sponsorship anywhere. To the
extent that people who rent box trucks have to use painters tape and
plastic to cover over the logo of the truck rental company on the side
temporarily.