The problem with the PI is that it basically just has Binary GPIO - no
analog I/O.   This shortcoming eliminates a large variety of analog-only
sensors (without adding a DAC)  Because of this, there really aren't nearly
as many compelling "lots of sensors to play with" kits out there...   Most
"deluxe" kits look something like
https://www.amazon.com/Adeept-Ultimate-Starter-Learning-Raspberry/dp/B01FLSF4PQ
.  lots of buttons, switches, a couple of sensors, probably a motor and a
relay and similar.

There are a few sensor kits out there which claim to be for the raspberry
pi, however they often have numerous sensors which are analog in nature,
without including any analog to digital converter.  So be cautious about
this....

In looking around, I did come across this one which looks pretty good
(although I haven't tried it):
https://www.amazon.com/SunFounder-Modules-Sensor-Raspberry-Extension/dp/B014PF05ZA
  Of particular note is the analog to digital converter module which would
enable all of the other sensors.

Another kit which looks interesting is:
https://www.amazon.com/Arduino-Raspberry-Kuman-Projects-Tutorials/dp/B016D5L5KE
, but it does have a couple of analog sensors. but they  which I'm not sure
how they intend to connect, but most of the sensors appear to be digital.