Among the things which have reached proof of concept stage but I haven't
developed further is a lightning detector which uses a commodity
distance-to-strike IC to provide lighting data via SNMP and Web.   I
glanced at my list and it's in the pile of stuff to do after the next
generation of base unit comes out, the idea being that you can definitely
do some interesting things if you known lighning is in the area to help you
better weather the storm.   Not sure if or when it will ever see the light
of day (there's quite a few projects like this which are effectively ideas
which have progressed to the verified it is possible stage, but no further).

--
*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>