Good History..

Glad I was around since those days

On 8/13/2017 4:51 PM, Jeff Broadwick - Lists wrote:
Michael (Bullit) lied again and again about Part 15 being non-profit and some other things. We needed a real trade group. Rick, Marlon, Scriv, Matt, Tom, Bob, (and I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple) started working on Wispa. It's amazing how far we've come!

I have mixed feelings about Mike Anderson...yes, he lied, but he did get all of us together at first through the Wispcons. He made the first contacts with the FCC. Can't minimize those things.

Jeff Broadwick
ConVergence Technologies, Inc.
312-205-2519 Office
574-220-7826 Cell
jbroadw...@converge-tech.com <mailto:jbroadw...@converge-tech.com>

On Aug 13, 2017, at 3:37 PM, <ch...@wbmfg.com <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> <ch...@wbmfg.com <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

Didn’t WISPA originally start with a group of part-15 members that were not happy with part-15? One of the WISPA guys at a booth in a trade show in Las Vegas told me the story but I forgot it.
This had to be about maybe 2004?
I remember he was pissed because Michael never gave him that copper part-15 medallion. I remember a ton of emails complaining that part-15 was not actually a non profit etc etc.
*From:* Colin Stanners
*Sent:* Sunday, August 13, 2017 1:26 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT..Marlon Schaefer .. pioneer WISP
I remember that name from the part-15.org <http://part-15.org> / Micheal Anderson days.... how long has it been, around 10 years already? Is Marlon still in the WISP business? On Aug 13, 2017 6:51 AM, "Jaime Solorza" <losguyswirel...@gmail.com> wrote:

    We had dinner with Marlon and Melissa Schaefer at La Posta in
    Mesilla, NM yesterday evening.  They brought their daughter to
    get settle in at NMSU.  It was nice to touch base with him and
    get news on old friends from early wireless days.  They have a
    cool 35 ft mobile home they driving to PHX to visit friends and
    then Vegas for some R&R.  Yes they loved the real Mexican food ,
    some Tecate and took some Hatch chile.  Mi casa es su casa...

    Jaime Solorza