I personally love the whole VW diesegate fiasco.  I have a 2015 VW Passat
TDI that I bought a few months before the whole mess started.  In June of
next year, I'll have around 48,000 miles on it, at which time, VW will buy
it back from me for about $200 more than I paid for it.  So, I've had a 40+
MPG car to drive for a few years, on a 0% interest financing deal through
VW, and get to sell it back for more than what I paid for it.  I'd do that
again in a heartbeat!   I actually like the car, but that deal is WAY too
good to pass up on....