1 watt of lead battery does not equal 1 watt of lithium ion. With lead acid
you can only take them to about 40-50% depth of discharge but with the
lithium ion you can get like 80-90% depth of discharge. Also the number of
discharge is only like 1000-3000 cycles where with lithium it can be as
high as 9000 cycles. The number of cycles is less of a problem in a grid
connected back up only but if off grid solar then with lead you would have
to replace every 2-3 years where with lithium it could be every 5-10 years.
When I was looking into solar this year the 10 year cost of lithium was
cheaper then lead.

Zach Underwood (RHCE,RHCSA,RHCT,UACA)

http://ZachUnderwood.me

advance-networking.com