All of the old M series, 5GHz & 2.4GHz had an underclocked processor to
avoid coming to close to the 2.4GHz frequency and causing interference to
co-located 2.4GHz radios.  As it turns out, the third harmonic of the 2GHz
frequency that they were underclocked to would interfere with Verizon's
700MHz LTE gear.  So we have to run special (not underclocked) firmware on
sites where we co-locate with Verizon.  None of the new radios made in the
last few years have this issue, as they have a faster processor.  They
really didn't need to underclock them anyway.  We have 2.4GHz alongside of
radios that had that special firmware and they were not affected at all.