Some more food for thought...

We are finding that setting up /configuring the OSPF links as PTP tends to
provide faster failover convergence
which becomes even more useful when it can be combined with bfd

In regards to the weights, it's more of a 'six or half a dozen of another' what
values you use to affect the change will be determined by what exactly you are
trying to achieve and 'flow' of traffic on your OSPF network..

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street