If you have two of them separated by a known distance you can get an absolute 
bearing between subject to the accuracies of the two units.  You have to use 
real time kinematic systems (RTK).  It is easy to do, not easy to get accuracy. 
 

From: Adam Moffett 
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2017 12:41 PM
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] GPS based "compass? <1000$?

I didn't think GPS could give you an accurate direction unless you were moving. 
....I could be mistaken.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Steve Jones" <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: 10/5/2017 2:38:05 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] GPS based "compass? <1000$?

  I already know the manual and visual tricks 

  Is there a reliable unit for verifying azimuth, gps is all i can assume that 
could do this. i see a bunch ranging 3k to 10k that i would guess work pretty 
well, is there anything in the 300-1000 budget range that actually works out 
there?

Reply via email to