banks dont hard fork when theyre robbed
Mr robot is just a tv show
deep down inside, humans are realists, the reality is that all currency,
like its representative nation, has a shelf life outside its intrinsic
physical bartering value.
Tangible currency can be lost and found. I drop my wallet, its gone to me,
but still exists, someone else can find it and use it. Lose your BTC
wallet, its gone, and its tied up forever, its worse than fiat currency in
that there is no recourse. You can insure a bank against robbery, if you
catch the robber with the goods, you can reach in the bag and reinstate the
currency.
Wait until the perfect malware, and there will be a perfect malware, breaks
the chain. Then the tried and true representative precious metal (or
whichever barter-able commodity) standard proves to be bar whore reliable
reality that it is.
Fees are the lowest concern in the real chain
I could be wrong, quite often I am. But Ill hedge a bet people in 25 years
will speak as fondly of block chain currency as they do the Edsel.