Question:-
What is the type of existing cable you have currently in place ?
Single Mode Fiber (typically yellow jacket) or Multi-Mode Fiber (typically
orange jacket).

There is nothing wrong in using these adapters, they work well. There may be a
wee bit of extra loss created, nothing different than what is created by having
a 'connector'.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom