3000 is backwards compatible with ALL ePMP radios including Elevate. So all
existing Force 110, Force 200 radios will connect to ePMP 3000 and still
have some improvement on latency and throughput without using the new Force
300 CPE

Doubles throughput if all clients are Force 300 AC but you can realize
improvements if only some of the clients are switched like your heavy
users. They will also release an update so the Force 300 CPE will connect
to existing 1000 and 2000 AP's. So instead of 110 Mbps aggregate in 20mhz
channel, you can realize up to 250 Mbps in 20mhz channel with 3000 and
Force 300 CPE.

3000 is 5ghz only, not 2.4 at this time.

--
Darin Steffl
Minnesota WiFi