2.5 GHz band LTE is kind of promising for rural Canada. It is possible to
get a 2.5 license in remote areas where there are no pre-existing operators
(cellular carriers are generally in the 800, 1800, 1900 MHz bands) without
an excessive number of hoops to jump through. Some of the PtMP last mile in
the high arctic communities is done with a very old Motorola 2.5 band
system.