Being really smart at cryptography has nothing to do with whether it needs to
be encrypted or not in the first place.

I'm not against encryption. Many things certainly require it.

That URL is indicative of groupthink, not the case for HTTPS everywhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink

Why might Wikipedia want to HTTPS everything? Their mission is the
dissemination of information to everywhere, including countries that have
content filters. Of course that doesn't actually stop anyone from actually
doing a MITM, it just increases the amount of resources required to do the job.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP