As a former criminal (and suprising to most, yes a mental ward inhabitant)
i can tell you one thing, barbed wire is nothing but a jean jackets cost to
beat. Razor wire or nothing.

I can also tell you another thing, the more physical "barriers" the more
valuable the content. If i saw a steel vertical fence with barbed wire and
obscure cameras. I knew, thats where the goodies are. A cheap ladder, jean
jacket and a paintball gun, all your shit is mine. Put up a plywood
security shack and paint the inside of the windows with black spray paint
and keep your lightbulbs outside operational and you keep your stuff.