Hey guys,

I own a whole bunch of those channels similar to what Adam is talking about
herein.  Only mine are UHF and VHF old paging pairs that I bought at the
FCC paging auction a few years ago.  They are considered CMRS so they can
be used for anything commercial almost.  We do and did use them as 2-way
radio repeater pairs.  They are 25KHz wide each.  I typically have 6 to 8
channel pairs available in the same band, again typically for that many in
the same geographic areas they are UHF 454Mhz.

Does anyone know of any equipment out there that can take those individual,
non-contiguous space channels and (multiplex?) them together as one data
channel providing the full bandwidth of all of the channels aggregated
together?  For example;  7 channel pairs equals 14 ea 25KHz channels
(454MHz and 459MHz for a pair) for a total of 350Khz total bandwidth as a
whole.  350KHz of bandwidth at 110 watts of power could certainly provide
some significant data service to someone in the sticks that can't get any
service from anything else.  And, as was said above, would provide a
significant control system for a carrier to it's systems a long way out in
the sticks.  This may not be the best use of RF resources, but if the
channels are not in use for anything significant, it could be an "Only
Option"

Ohhh, and BTW, I have a pot full of those area wide channels for sale in
KS, MO and AR.

Phil

   Phil

Philip J. Rankin, CEO