Ugh. This is what was tripping me up:

radio.1.status=enabled
radio.status=enabled

has to be in the config file or the very vague "invalid" crap comes up.

Lame.

On 4/12/2018 4:14 PM, Steve Jones wrote:
I want in on that

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018, 4:12 PM George Skorup <george.sko...@cbcast.com <mailto:george.sko...@cbcast.com>> wrote:

    The config file definitely has unix formatting, which is why I'm
    editing it with vi.

    I don't want this to end up changing the SSIDs, WPA keys, device
    names, etc. So I strip out those elements, save, upload and I
    get.... Invalid configuration file structure.

    And yes, I'm using the upload configuration button right below the
    download configuration button.

    I'm bout to get my .308 out and shoot these things off the towers.